At Township Hall unless otherwise noted.

February 27, 5pm
Budget Meeting

February 27, 7pm
Regular Meeting

March 13 & 27, 7pm
Regular Meetings

March 5, 6:00pm
Special Public Meeting

March 8, 6:30pm



The information pertaining to the  proposed JEDD Agreement between Canfield Township and the City of Canfield can be viewed by clicking on the links below.
Millennial Moments Overlay Zoning
Proposed Millennial Moments JEDD Agreement

The Mercedes Place Drainage Restoration Project will begin May 2018.

For more information, please click on the link below.
Mercedes Place Project

Employment Opportunities

PT Seasonal Snow Plow Driver
Zoning Board of Appeals Alternate Position
Zoning Commission Alternate Position

Send or email your resume to:
Canfield Township
21 S. Broad St.
Canfield, OH 44406
ATTN: Keith Rogers
email: keith@canfieldtownship.org


Wednesday, September 13th and Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 the Informational Aqua Meetings were held to discuss the proposed water main extension from Tippecanoe Road heading West down the South side of Leffingwell Road. For more information please click on this link  Aqua~Canfield Township Water Main Extension

On Thursday, July 27th and Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 the Informational Annexation Meetings were held.  To view these
 meetings and the Update Informational Meetings that were recently held in November, please go to the Community tab then click on Annexation.

Canfield Township Trustees selected IGS Energy, Dublin Ohio as the natural gas supplier to participants in its Natural Gas Aggregation Program.
If you have questions please call IGS Energy at 1-877-353-0162.

For more information please click on the links below. 
Columbia Gas
Dominion East Ohio


Helping Plan & Build a Better Canfield


Zoning Information and Permits Contact Traci DeCapua at 330-533-4239.
Hours are:   Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
                     Wednesday 10:00 a.m. 
3:00 p.m.

Zoning is defined as the division of a jurisdiction into districts to enable the regulation of land according
to the nature and use of the land in order to promote the orderly development of the area, and the
protection of public health, safety and general welfare. Zoning permits the enjoyment of all property
rights, so long as the owner does not infringe upon or impair the exercise of the same rights of others.

In 1948, the Canfield Township Board of Trustees and the Canfield Township Zoning Commission
enacted the first Zoning Resolution. In the subsequent years, different Boards of Trustees and Zoning
Commissions have revised and amended the original Resolution to keep pace with the changing
character of the township and evolving lifestyles of its residents.

Permit Application and Procedure

A Zoning Permit shall hereinafter be secured from the Township Zoning Inspector prior to any construction of any building, structure or sign in the Township. All requests for Zoning Permits shall be filed through application by the owner or his authorized agent and shall include the use or intended use of the building or structure after the proposed construction, erection, reconstruction, relocation or alteration. A scaled drawing showing the location of the proposed and/or existing building on the site plan shall be submitted to, and filed with, the Township Zoning Inspector.

Application Requirements

Before construction or altering of any site, structure, or building, including accessory buildings,
application shall be made to the Canfield Township Zoning Inspector for a Zoning Permit. The
applications shall include the following information:

Complete building plans, elevations and a plot plan drawn to scale showing the exact dimensions of the
proposed structure or structures, placement on the lot, access drives and parking areas.

In the case of new Commercial Construction, on site storm water detention areas and calculations must
meet the Mahoning County Specifications and be made a part of the site plan presented to the Canfield
Township Zoning Office for review by the Mahoning County Engineer.

Most Commonly Asked Questions:

When do I need a permit?

Any structure valued at over $500.00 requires a permit.

How do I acquire a Zoning Permit?

You will need an accurate site plan showing the distance for the front ,rear and side yard setbacks, a
set of prints or drawing of the structure with measurements of the width, length and height. The most
misunderstood permits are storage sheds and above ground swimming pools, because they are not
considered permanent structures by many residents, Zoning Permits are required for these structures.

Do I need a zoning permit for replacement windows, siding or roof?

No. Zoning does not regulate building construction standards; Mahoning County Building Inspection
would require a permit to perform such construction.

Do I need a permit for a fence and what are the requirements for a fence?

A zoning permit is required by State Law and Local Zoning Code. Fences are required to be a minimum of 1 foot from the property line and may be installed on the property line with the neighbors permission. A minimum 4' 6" fence is required around swimming pools. A project started without obtaining a Zoning Permit, will automatically double the Zoning Permit fee. When in doubt call it will save money and headaches.

Are permits required for garage sales?

No. Please note: placing signs on utility poles or public right-a-way is in violation of State and LocalZoning Codes and subject to penalties; signs found in these locations will be removed and discarded.

What are my options if my project does not comply with Zoning Regulations?

You can request a zoning variance. Zoning variances are designed to provide relief of the Zoning
Regulations: appealing the decision of the Zoning Inspector and for any practical difficulty such as
setbacks, use and area regulations. Each zoning hearing is based on it on merits as presented by the

How do I file a Zoning Violation Complaint?

If you feel that a possible violation exists in your neighborhood or other areas, you may contact
the zoning office with the complaint or use the REPORT A CONCERN button on the home page. The
complaint will be investigated and action taken if found in violation.

Please note - over grown grass, noxious weeds or abandoned vehicles are Public Nuisances and may be removed or maintained by the Township.